Looks remarkably like: Janis Danner
WHO ARE YOU?
Name: August Parsifal Pfaff
Birth Date: September 6, 1986
Sexual Preference: bisexual
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
• reading poetry
• writing poetry in his journal
• practicing his penmanship
• playing the piano (taught by his mother)
• martial arts (Karate, Judo, and Escrima)
• advanced driving
• first aid (temporary patching and minor wounds)
• English (father’s tongue)
• German (mother’s tongue)
• Spanish (learned in elementary school)
• Latin (elective learned in high school)
• French (elective learned in high school)
Notable Education: high school
Occupation: bodyguard with ARK (bodyguard agency)
WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE?
Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 187 lbs
Eye Color: powder blue
Hair Color: dark blond
• cursive tattoo on his left forearm that says (in Latin) “astra inclinant, sed non obligant” which means “the stars incline us, they do not bind us”
• infection scars that run from the back of his left shoulder and down over his ribs, ending on his left hip, like a really long slash
WHAT MAKES YOU TICK?
• thunderstorms at night
• massages (giving/receiving)
• cracking fresh glow sticks
• beer commercials (they’re funny)
• anything about martial arts
• the one about the priest, the leprechaun, and the fire dancer
• TV from the 80’s
• comfortable silence
• smiling eyes
• relationships with meaning
• being too late
• people who don’t take responsibility for what they do
• running out of hot water when he has shampoo in his hair and soap on his body
• waking up early
• little boring raindrops
• having no time to slow down and relax every once in a while
• people who ignore other people and situations
• stripper joints
• strong (of will)
• bit of a braggart
• total smartass
• bit of a hopeless romantic
• soft-hearted (why he is no longer a mercenary)
• failing a mission (even if it has already happened once or twice)
• being buried alive
• becoming his father
• falling in love and then losing them in a tragic or horrifying manner
• being burned alive (sounds extremely painful)
• losing control and going full-on crazy leopard on someone, especially a lover
• drowning (or that helpless feeling right before)
• losing faith or being excommunicated
• going blind
• being trapped in a dangerous place with no way out
Personality: Failure is never an option for August. He often has a wild, impulsive energy, but he is not a quitter. It is not in his nature to pass along responsibility, and his persistence and sense of duty means that he can overcome incredible odds. Sometimes, however, his stubbornness to see things through to the bitter end, combined with his inability to admit defeat, can make him appear inflexible and intolerant. Stubborn by nature, August can impose unbearable pressure, not just on himself but on others, and when pushed into a corner, he can resort to using his charm to help him get what he wants. This isn't to say he is dishonest - dishonesty isn't in his nature - but he is capable of using his "seductive powers" if he thinks it will help him achieve his goals.
This rock-solid determination can stretch the patience of those around August; in fact opposition and barriers tend to strengthen his resolve even further and he is at his most inventive when challenged or confronted. It really is hard to throw him off course, and even if it looks like he has lost or needs to reconsider, he will be secretly planning his comeback or, in some cases, his revenge. The only chink in his armor is that appearance matters a bit too much to him. Nothing pleases him more than a compliment. He has a strong eye for beauty and style, but his intolerance for imperfection can, if left unchecked, exasperate and occasionally alienate others. With his survival instinct and natural understanding that determination is power, August possesses the potential for outstanding success, and he can and will overcome impossible odds. At some point, hopefully sooner rather than later, he will learn that he is at his happiest and best whenever he connects with his intuition; this will enable him to develop his unique talents and leave his personal stamp on the world.
WHAT ARE YOU?
Title: Member of the Breakheart Pard in Salem, MA
• Enhanced Senses - Lycanthropes have extremely acute senses, even in human form.
• Enhanced Strength - A lycanthrope's strength depends on their size and also on their level of supernatural power. Generally speaking, a lycanthrope's strength will be on par with the vampire of the same power level. A lycanthrope's size, however, will often give them the edge and they will most likely be capable of fighting off the vampire, even overpower them. A lycanthrope is not as strong in their human form, though they are still far stronger than the average human.
• Enhanced Endurance - Lycanthropes can recover from almost any wound other than that caused by silver weapons. They can even regrow lost limbs and critical body parts.
• Enhanced Speed - Lycanthropes are capable of moving extremely fast. They can run faster than the human eye can see. Some lycanthropes can equal or even outrun a vampire, depending on the vampire's age.
• Aversion to Silver - Lycanthropes are effectively allergic to silver and feel physical pain from even skin contact, although some seem to enjoy silver jewelry.
• Night Vision - Lycanthropes can see fairly well in the dark, better than humans but not true night vision.
• Moon Madness - (starting) During the full moon, lycanthropes are not completely in control. Most omegas require an alpha to be with them to help cope with their beast. Once they become a beta they have learned to control their beast.
• Omega Calm - (15 points) [+1 power] Some lycanthropes can gain a certain amount of control over their beast. Much like "Calming Own Beast," the lycanthrope can draw from something inside or outside of themselves to gain control. However, this calm is imperfect and there is at least one specified emotion that breaks this control. Note: For August that emotion is fear.
• Calming Own Beast - (20 points) [+1 power] When the lycanthrope's beast is spooked for some reason, starting to switch into the "fight or flight" mode and bringing the human along with them, this power helps the lycanthrope to calm themselves again. They draw from another place, another mindset, repeated practice, prayer, whatever it might be, and are able to calm themselves. Note: August draws from the happy memories with his mother.
• Great Leap - (20 points) [+1 power] A leopard with this power can leap as high as 30' and as far as 50'. Note: Doing so in human form can cause discomfort.
• Limited Shift Coma - (30 points) [+2 power] Lycanthropes fall into a comatose-like state for several hours after returning to their human form. Lycanthropes with this power are able to temporarily stave the shift coma, but will collapse within 12 hours.
Purchased Powers: N/A
WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?
• Nickolas Franklin Pfaff (father) - living, but imprisoned for being criminally insane
• Emma Sofia Pfaff (mother) - dead, killed by the father
• Luca Edward Pfaff (brother) - living
Other important people:
• Lliam (Nimir-raj of the Breakhearts) - living
• Inanna (Nimir-ra of the Breakhearts) - living
• Eric (infector/ex-client) - living
• Mila or "Mini Mi" (ex-lover) - living
• Abraham or "Abe" (boss/independent contractor) - living
• Gaelan (nemesis) - living
History: August was born into the typical American family. He was born in the small town of Broken Bow, Oklahoma to Nickolas and Emma Pfaff, a newly wed couple that had their hearts set on having that perfect little country life. His mother was an immigrant from Germany. She had met his father while he was deployed overseas in the US Army and after marrying her, brought her back home to become an American. When August came into the world, their lives were transformed and Emma fell in love the moment she held her son in her arms for the very first time. She wanted to teach him everything that she knew about the world and to show him just how beautiful life really was.
Some of his first memories of his mother was of the times that she would take him out on one of the many nature trials in Broken Bow and taught him about the land, the plants and the animals, things that his father thought was pointless for a growing boy to know. August didn't think so. He loved the time that he got to spend with his mother and he learned more with her than he did at school.
At the age of ten, his father announced that he had landed the perfect job and that they would be moving to Salem, Massachusetts. His mother also had an important announcement to make. She was seven months pregnant with his baby brother - Luca Edward Pfaff. August did not know how to feel about the news. He was ten years old and he had gotten used to the idea of having his parents all to himself, especially his mother. And now he had to share her? It left a bad taste in his mouth. Like any child that age, August had his tantrums and his parents would punish him according to his behavior. This only added fuel to the fire. It was only two months after they had finally moved to Salem that Luca was born and holding his baby brother for the first time changed how he felt about the entire situation. He had someone to protect, someone to teach, and someone who he could get in trouble with, a partner in crime. Luca had his love and the two boys became almost inseparable.
It seemed like everything had fallen into place for the Pfaff's and they were the perfect American family. Their father worked a steady, well paying job, their mother took care of everything at home and raised the children, even though August had a nasty habit of getting them into trouble. Mother did not like it when they would sneak off into the woods. They would stay gone for an hour. He was teaching Luca everything that his mother had taught him when they lived back in Broken Bow and he did not understand why she would be against it. What he did not know was that his mother had developed a bit of anxiety when it came to her children, especially the baby o the family, and she was imagining all sorts of horrible things whenever she could not find them. It ended with August being punished. After a month of being grounded, he learned his lesson and decided to never go exploring again.
August got his first job as security at the Northshore Mall at the age of seventeen. They would have liked for him to be at least eighteen, but his father pulled a few strings and convinced them that, in as little as a few months, he would be the appropriate age. He was hired the next day. Soon after, he graduated high school and got his own apartment, aspiring to go into a police academy or the military like his father. That's when tragedy struck their family. It came without warning and, to this day, the boys do not fully understand what exactly had led their father to murder their sweet mother that night.
The doctors said that something in their father just gave out. Whether it was the stresses of everyday life or the strain it placed on the marriage, they could not say, but this left August in a very strange position. Since his father had to be institutionalized and Luca was only eleven at the time, he had the responsibility of caring for his brother until his brother became an adult. He accepted it without hesitation. What was he supposed to do? Turn his brother away? Not an ice cube's chance in hell.
It took them some time to heal, but they managed. Luca graduated high school and moved into the dorms at the university, starting his journey to becoming a doctor with a focus on mental health - no doubt inspired by what had happened. As for August... well, this was where things started to get real interesting. In the span of those seven years, he met with a friend, of a friend, of a friend that promised him that, with a little special training, he could make more money than he could imagine.
What sort of job did this friend, of a friend, of a friend have to offer him? Bodyguard. Not those pussies that they saw in Hollywood. But a bodyguard that was capable of kicking some serious ass or even kill if they absolutely had to. August was all for it. He accepted the offer of this friend of a friend and went into a 'boot camp' that was something that he thought only the marines had to go through. It was tough. There were times where he wanted to walk away, but he stuck with it and learned everything that he needed to learn to protect clients from some of the most dangerous people in the world - mercenaries. Basically, he was trained to be a mercenary to kill mercenaries. Fun, right?
WRONG! August was taken on as a bodyguard by a bodyguard agency called ARK or... fuck it, we're just going to call it ARK, okay? He was given his first assignment and he should have known that, with his level of luck or the lack thereof, it was going to be the start of a whole lot of shit that he really did not want to have to do. Eric was his first client. Eric needed protection from a asshole prick cum guzzling cumquat mercenary named Gayfin Gaymen Gaelan and nobody told August that these two just happened to be supernaturals. Well, he damn near got ass raped by one of Gaelan's guns and Eric, realizing how close to death they had really come, went spotted and fucked the man that was trying to protect him all up. Honestly, he should have put a bullet in the leopard's skull, but it wasn't silver bullets. If anything, it would only pissed the leopard off and made matters worse.
Well, one thing led to another and August learned that he was an infected wereleopard. Eric was kind enough to introduce him to the Nimir-raj and Nimir-ra of the Breakhearts, a pard of wereleopard that had been living in Salem for centuries. They were a proud group. With open arms, they welcomed him into their group and taught him the ways of the leopards, including how to control his own. Lliam (the Nimir-raj) and Inanna (the Nimir-ra) became like family to him. He became close to them and, because they were with him throughout the most horrible and painful night of his first full moon, was extremely loyal. Yeah. He bitched a bit at the beginning, but they were patient. He learned to love it.
Some things got easier over time and August realized that some of those abilities helped him to become a real badass when it came to being a bodyguard that could stand toe to toe with some of the most lethal mercenaries in the world. It drove him to learn as much as he could as fast as he could. Within a handful of years, he had grown in power and he had a reputation for being the best bodyguard that ARK had to offer its insanely rich clientele. He was finally making all that money that he had been promised. He was thirty when he met Mila and the two started dating. It didn't last long. Mila was human and, after battling with himself about what he really wanted in a relationship, he broke up with her in the nicest way that he could think of... she still hates his guts to this very day.
August has remained a bodyguard with ARK and works under a man named Abe, his boss. He has also remained a loyal member of the Breakheart Pard. Sometimes he works with clients that take him outside o that territory and he follows that customs that are expected from him as a wereleopard. He keeps in touch with his baby brother Luca through telephone calls and unannounced visits, seeming as he is paying for Luca's education. Recently he has been hired to guard a man named Rafael from his most favoritist mercenary in the whole wide world - Gaelan.
- Code: Select all
[size=125][witch][b]Name:[/b][/witch] August Pfaff
[witch][b]Species:[/b][/witch] Wereleopard, Beta
[witch][b]Character Context:[/b][/witch] August is a professional bodyguard that can stand toe-to-toe with some of the most skilled mercenaries in the world. With a clever wit and a sharp tongue, there is not much that he leaves unsaid. Work has made him a lethal killer. His big heart keeps him from becoming a monster.[/size]
[size=100][center][human][b]Gender:[/b][/human] Male [human][b]Preference:[/b][/human] Bisexual [human][b]Relationship Status:[/b][/human] Single (plotted)[/center][/size]
What should we call you? Silver
How long have you been role playing? Too long...
How did you find us? Y’all found me. ;D
Random fun fact about you? I look forward to free comic book day every year in May! Because it’s comics. And they’re free.